As part of the state accountability system, the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) creates a School District Report Card and an individual School Report Card for every publicly funded school district and school in Wisconsin.
The Hudson School District is happy to report that overall the school district exceeds expectations. Across the school district our individual schools range from meeting expectations to significantly exceeding expectations. This year’s School Report Cards look a bit different from past reports due to changes in the legislature. Each School Report Card provides a score in the following priority areas:
- Student Achievement – provides a score for learning proficiency in English and mathematics based on state assessments.
- Student Growth – measures the overall growth from year to year students are gaining in English and mathematics.
- Closing Gaps – looks at how well students in specific groups are performing in comparison to their peers. Specific student groups that are focused on for reducing learning gaps include low-income students, students with disabilities, English language learners, and members of racial or ethnic groups.
- On-Track and Postsecondary Readiness – looks at high school graduation rates, attendance and the potential for students to succeed after graduation.
- Hudson School District – 2017-2018 State Report Card
- Hudson School District – 2016-2017 State Report Card
- Hudson School District – 2015-2016 State Report Card
- Hudson School District – 2013-14 State Report Card
The School Report Cards provide one source of data to help all schools and districts improve efforts to ensure all students are ready for their next educational step – including the next grade level, graduation, college and or careers.
The last School Report Card issued by the state was 2013-2014. Since that time the state assessment has changed. The state no longer uses the WKCE but shifted to the Forward Exam for students in grades 3-8, MAPS for students in grades 3-8 and 11, and the ACT for students in grade 11.