Early College Credit Program – Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- The 2017 Wisconsin Act 59 eliminated the Course Options and Youth Options programs. Youth Options has been renamed the Early College Credit Program.
- Learn more about Early College Credit Program by clicking here.
PreK-12 Educational Options
Below are the links to options available to students across the Hudson School District. We encourage you to explore these options to determine which option best meets the needs of your child. Please contact our Learning Services Department directly if you have questions – 715.377.3705.
Pursuant to Wisconsin State Statute 115.28(54m), notice must be provided regarding the educational options available to all students who are at least three years old, but not yet 18 years old. Each of the following areas linked below represent educational options for Wisconsin students:
- EP Rock Elementary School (grades K-5)
- Houlton Elementary School (grades K-5)
- Hudson Prairie Elementary School (grades K-5)
- North Hudson Elementary School (grades K-5)
- River Crest Elementary School (Early childhood special education- grade 5)
- Willow River Elementary School (grades K-5)
- Hudson Middle School (grades 6-8)
- Hudson High School (grades 9-12)
Some of the specific education programs offered to eligible students who are enrolled in the Hudson School District include:
- Early childhood special education (for students who are at least 3 years old but not yet school-age)
- Special education for students with disabilities
- English language learner education
- Gifted and talented education
- Career and technical education programs
- Individualized education program and curriculum modifications
- At-risk education (e.g., for students identified as being at-risk of not graduating from high school)
- Summer school programming
- Early College Credit Program
Additional educational options for children who reside in the Hudson School District include:
Educational options for children who reside in the Hudson School District but who are enrolled in and attending private school or home-based private educational program include the following:
- Such students have the opportunity to attend summer classes/programs offered.
- Private school students in the high school grades have the opportunity to apply for approval to take up to two courses per semester in a School District school, pursuant to section 118.145(4) of the state statutes.
Students who are enrolled in a home-based private educational program have the opportunity to:
- Apply for approval to take up to two courses per semester in public schools as provided under section 118.53.
- Participate in School District interscholastic athletics as provided under section 118.133.
For more information about any of the educational options listed above, please contact Teaching and Learning Services at 715.377.3705 or the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction at 800.441.4563 or click on the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction website at: http://dpi.wi.gov/ed-options