HHS Academy Mission
The Hudson High School HealthCare and STEM+ Academies provide students with opportunities to develop critical thinking, creativity, collaboration and communication skills for post-secondary and future readiness.
Academy Program Overview
The Academies are an innovative program of Hudson High School. In this program, students often work in teams to explore real-world problems and learn about the challenges of project-driven work. Students will explore connections between disciplines through a design thinking process. Critical thinking, creativity, collaboration and communication are the cornerstones of the program. Teachers strive to help students gain invaluable experience in order to prepare them for health care and STEM related school and professions.
This is a performance based learning experience. Active engagement and perseverance are necessary for success. Students must work collaboratively with others. Students need to be truly invested and interested in exploring the health care or STEM fields.
How Do Students Apply
Applications to join the HealthCare or STEM+ Academy for the 2019-2020 school year will be available from 7:15 am – 3:15 pm during school days from January 7-24, 2019.
How to access the application:
- Google Classroom: The application has been posted on the Class of 2021 & 2022 pages.
2018-2019 Important Dates:
- December 10-14: Students receive information during Advisory
- January 7-24: Application Open from 7:15am-3:15pm (Students may receive help before and after school in the Student Services Office)
- January 28-February 14: Interviews
- March 8: Letters of Acceptance will be mailed