Hello 5th Grade Families!
The Hudson School District has an excellent Choral Music Program because of the quality music experiences available to students in grades 6-12. There are over 350 students in the Hudson Middle School Choir Program. We want YOU to be a part of it! These same students are also involved in band, orchestra, sports, clubs, and other outside groups. Click here and visit our Middle School Choir page to learn more about our program for students in Grades 6-8.
All 5th graders are welcome! No audition is necessary.
If you are interested in band and orchestra too – the good news is you can do both! Middle School choir students may be in Choir AND Band or Choir AND Orchestra – they rehearse on alternate days.
There are three ways to sign up for 6th Grade:
- Online by clicking here.
- Sign up during the 5th Grade Middle School visits May 1 – May 3
- Sign up with Ms. Maher in the fall when school begins.
WHY? – Singing is FUN!
Choir students get opportunities to:
- Make and meet new friends
- Sing a variety of music
- Perform in concerts and go on really fun field trips
- Participate in other extracurricular singing opportunities
- Develop musical and academic skills that last a lifetime!
WHAT? – Here’s what we do:
- Sing every other day during the school year
- Learn how to be a team player by singing in large and
- Learn how to healthfully use your voice
- Learn how to read music
- Learn a variety of music (current, “old,” and really “old”)
- Perform 3 concerts per school year