COVID-19 School Closure Metric Data – September 30, 2020
Confirmed COVID-19 cases in our schools remain low. We currently have one (1) active case at the Middle School and five (5) active cases at the High School. The School District’s COVID-19 School Closure Metric takes into consideration active cases in our schools and in St. Croix County. Due to the rise in county cases over the 14 day reporting period, the School District will be moving to Level 2.
Moving to Level 2 Beginning Monday, October 5
|Level 2||Face-to-Face – Early Childhood, Grades 4K – 6 & Grade 9|
|Hybrid – Grades 7-8 & Grades 10-12|
The School District’s hybrid model divides our student population into two cohort groups.
- Students with a last name beginning with A-K will be in cohort A.
- Students with a last name beginning with L-Z will be in cohort B.
- Cohort A will attend school face-to-face on Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesday. Beginning on Monday, October 5, Cohort A will be attending class face-to-face. They will be face-to-face on Tuesday, October 6 and Wednesday, October 7. They will attend class virtually, on Thursday, October 8 and Friday, October 9.
- Cohort B will attend school face-to-face on Thursday, Friday and every other Wednesday. Beginning on Monday, October 5 they will be attending classes virtually and continue attending virtually on Tuesday, October 6 and Wednesday, October 7. They will attend class face-to-face on Thursday, October 8 and Friday, October 9.
- All students will participate in class 5 days per week. Instruction will be synchronous, meaning students attend face-to-face on their scheduled cohort days and are also expected to attend class virtually on the days they are not face-to-face.
- The Wednesday early dismissal schedule will continue to be followed.
Change to Activities and Athletics
- Activities and Athletics will continue to proceed with competitions. We will not be limiting athletics to practices only as was previously decided in the Back to School Blueprint.
The Board of Education and School District Administration will be reviewing the School Closure Metric to determine if a change is needed in the metric. For example, should more weight be given to the percentage of cases in our schools and less weight given to the number of county cases given the low number of positive cases in our schools. This change, if determined, would not go into effect until the next reporting period.
The School District posts this data bi-weekly at https://hudsonraiders.org/covid-19/
The School District recognizes that it may need to adjust its plan based on staff and or substitute teacher shortages. We may need to accelerate a school closure due to a significant unanticipated outbreak. It is the School District’s intent to address center-based programs separately with the goal to maintain face-to-face instruction.
COVID-19 School Closure Metric Data
- The red circles indicate each school’s level of instruction based on positive cases.
- The blue box indicates the percent of the daily running average of positive cases in each school.
- The 14 day COVID-19 positive count per 10,000 in St. Croix County is 24.7.
- Click here to view the metric as a PDF.
- Next reporting date will be 10/14/2020.