Areas of Focus
1) Our Students (Creating a supportive and inclusive learning environment that provides equitable access, so all students fully participate in their academic and personal success.)
- Increase the percentage of students meeting or exceeding proficiency benchmarks in English Language Arts (ELA) and math as measured by NWEA-MAP and ACT/ASPIRE
|1.2: 3rd grade Reading ( NWEA) *||From 62% to 65%|
|1.3: 5th grade Math (Forward or NWEA)+ *||From 76% to 78%|
|1.6: 8th grade ELA (Forward or NWEA)+ *||From 49.8% to 53%|
|1.5: 8th grade Math (Forward or NWEA)+ *||From 42.3% to 47%|
|1.7: 10 Grade Reading (ASPIRE) *||From 52% to 55%|
|1.8: 11th Grade Math (ACT)||From 49.4% to 53%|
|1.9: 11th Grade ELA (ACT)||From 50.6% to 54%|
*Data points are based on statewide 2018-2019 data and are generally based on broader grade bands than the individual grade levels represented in our goals. These are the same goals as last year. The Forward exam was not administered in the 2019-2020 school year due to COVID-19.
+ We will select an alternate assessment (NWEA) if Forward assessment is not administered due to COVID-19.
- Increase percentage by 3% of students meeting or exceeding proficiency benchmarks in English Language Arts (ELA) and math as measured by NWEA-MAP and ACT/ASPIRE. Increase achievement by 3% in each disaggregated group;
- Students with disabilities
- Students with economic disadvantage
- English language learners
- Non-white students
|Spring 2019||G3 ELA||G5 ELA||G8 ELA||G8 Math||G10 Reading||G11 Math||G11 ELA|
|SwD % above 61||3.53||4.19||3.79||2.90||7.5||12.5||20|
|Low SES % above||0.76||8.64||8.93||10.02||36||21.1||47.4|
|ELL % above||0.50||1.83||0.45||0.22||NA||NA||NA|
|Non-white % above||5.54||8.90||5.13||16.48||2.99||2.03||2.28|
2) Our Team (Recruiting, retaining, and supporting quality employees.)
- Increase the average score of staff who indicated that their “stress level is sustainable” in the annual staff engagement survey from 3.4 for 2019-2020 to 3.5 by continuing to focus on stress management and wellness activities for staff.
- Decrease the turnover rate for certified and support staff from 6.94% (certified) and 19.38% (support) in 2019-2020 to 5.75% (certified) and 17.5% (support) for non-COVID 19 reasons.
3) Our Community (Ensuring that parents and community members are engaged and well informed.)
- Increase the percentage of parents and community members who are satisfied or extremely satisfied with the School District’s communication from 92.9% (2020 School Perceptions Parent Engagement Survey response) to 93.5%.
- Increase the percentage of parents who believe the School District is effective or very effective in providing timely and meaningful information from 94.3% (2020 School Perceptions Parent Engagement Survey response) to 95%.