Areas of Focus
1) Our Students – Creating a supportive and inclusive learning environment that provides equitable access, so all students fully participate in their academic and personal success.
- 56% of students in grades 3-11 will demonstrate proficiency in English Language Arts/Reading. (Compared to 53.97%)
- 58% of students in grades 3-11 will demonstrate proficiency in Mathematics. (Compared to 55.94%)
- Increase the percentage of students proficient or advanced in English Language Arts by and average of 3% in the following subgroups: Disability status (baseline 20.45%); Race (baseline 39.6%); Economic status (baseline 46.67%); ELL (baseline 29.9%)
- Increase the percentage of students proficient or advanced in Mathematics by an average of 3% in the following subgroups: Disability status (baseline 24.37%); Race (baseline 34.8%); Economic status (baseline 35.33%); ELL (baseline 40.21%)
2) Our Team – Recruiting, retaining, and supporting quality employees.
- Recruit. The District proactively and creatively seeks applicants in various mediums with varying incentives to increase applicant pools to better staff our buildings and support our students. The District shall fill 95% of certified positions within 30 days of vacancy for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Retain. The District seeks out staff input on important issues and regularly engages with staff on how to improve culture and work environment. Staff engagement survey and other survey results improve in areas of communication, culture, and work environment by an overall average increase of .2 in the identified areas.
- Support. Staff feel supported in their work by having control over their work environment and being recognized for their contributions. Staff engagement survey results increase in those areas by an overall average increase of .2 in the identified areas.
3) Our Community – Ensuring that parents and community members are engaged and well informed.
- Increase meaningful engagement between the District and families of students with an IEP from an overall average of 88.25% agree/strongly agree on the Annual Indicator 8 Survey to 90% agree/strongly agree.
- Engage stakeholder groups in long-range facilities planning to balance declining elementary enrollments with increasing costs of maintaining aging buildings.