2017-2018 School Supply Kits – Order by June 2, 2017
Are you tired of driving from store to store to purchase school supplies for your child? Great news! We are once again offering the SchoolKidz School Supply Kit for our families. School Supply Kits include the exact colors, quantities, and brands teachers are requesting in a personalized box ready for your child’s first day of school. This was popular for families last year and we decided to bring it back this year.
- Simply place your order by June 2 by clicking here.
- Enter our school’s account number #94713.
- Kits must be pre-ordered online and will be distributed at registration in August.
- Order the kit for the grade level your child will be in next year.
Questions? Contact Susan Richards at email@example.com or Renee Pruzek at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Hudson Middle School Parent Group?
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organized to provide support and resources to the school and parents for the benefit and educational growth of our children. Through volunteer coordination, organized events, and effective fundraising, we seek to enhance learning, strengthen communication between home and school, and encourage and celebrate every students’ experience.
How is Hudson Middle School Parent Group organized?
We are organized into 5 committees with chairpersons:
- Scholastic Book Fair – Jody Yray & Dianne Gabriel
- Teacher Appreciation – Gina Thompson
- Fundraising – Elizabeth Sommers
- Registration – Anne Wasmund
- 8th Grade Fare-Thee-Well – Michelle Heckmann
What does Hudson Middle School Parent Group do?
- Raises Funds to support:
- Field trips & guest speakers
- PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports)
- Coming Spring/Summer 2017 – Gaga Pit
- Extra classroom and House specific needs
- How are funds raised?
- For the 2017-2018 school year, our main school fundraiser is selling Yankee Candles. During 2016-17 we raised $16,435 through our Yankee Candles sales.
- Donations: For those who don’t wish to sell or simply want to make a donation, you can donate by click on the orange Donate Now button on the right. 4% of your donation goes to service the account on justgive.org.
- Scholastic Book Fairs: Purchase books for the library and classrooms.
- Box Tops for Education – Volunteer Needed
Why is it important to be involved?
- Connect with other parents who are raising teens.
- Show your kids that you are supportive of and connected to their education.
- Establish a relationship with the school administration and teachers.
- Share your thoughts and opinions in a supportive and fun group.
NEW! Gaga Pit
Parent Group is raising funds to build a Gaga Pit on the Hudson Middle School Grounds. Due to construction at the middle school, the building of the Gaga Pit will likely not occur until Fall 2017 or Spring 2018.
Gaga is a game with a lightweight bouncy ball and an octagon shaped enclosure. The object of the game is to hit the ball at or below opponents’ knees to eliminate them from the pit. The last player left in the Gaga Pit is the winner. It’s a great game for any age or ability and encourages kids to have fun while getting physical activity!
In the meantime, thanks to a generous donation from the Hudson Noon Rotary, we are already $500.00 towards our $2,500.00 goal! If you would like to donate, please write checks to Hudson Middle School Parent Group with “Gaga Pit” in the memo line. You can donate online by going to justgive.org. When you donate electronically, please make a notation that your donation is for the Gaga Pit and it will be set aside accordingly for that purpose.
Did you know that you can donate all year to the HMS Parent Group using the DONATE NOW button? If regular fundraisers aren’t your thing, please consider a TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation using this link above. Thank you!