Attention Amazon Shoppers! Easy $$$ for HMS!
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
Every item available for purchase on www.amazon.com is also available on AmazonSmile at the same price. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages.
Please select Hudson Middle School Parent Group as your charitable organization and help support our school when you shop on Amazon! Thank you!
What is Hudson Middle School Parent Group?
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organized to provide support and resources to the school and parents for the benefit and educational growth of our children. Through volunteer coordination, organized events, and effective fundraising, we seek to enhance learning, strengthen communication between home and school, and encourage and celebrate every students’ experience. All parents are members of HMSPG!
How is Hudson Middle School Parent Group organized?
We are organized into 5 committees with chairpersons:
- Scholastic Book Fair – Jody Yray & Dianne Gabriel
- Teacher Appreciation – Gina Thompson
- Fundraising – Elizabeth Sommers
- Registration – Anne Wasmund
- 8th Grade Fare-Thee-Well – Michelle Heckmann
What does Hudson Middle School Parent Group do?
- Raises Funds to support:
- Field trips & guest speakers
- PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports)
- Extra classroom and House specific needs
- How are funds raised?
- For the 2017-2018 school year, our main school fundraiser is selling Yankee Candles. During 2016-17 we raised $16,435 through our Yankee Candles sales.
- Donations: For those who don’t wish to sell or simply want to make a donation, you can donate by click on the orange Donate Now button on the right. 4% of your donation goes to service the account on justgive.org.
- Scholastic Book Fairs: Purchase books for the library and classrooms.
- Box Tops for Education
Why is it important to be involved?
- Connect with other parents who are raising teens.
- Show your kids that you are supportive of and connected to their education.
- Establish a relationship with the school administration and teachers.
- Share your thoughts and opinions in a supportive and fun group.
Did you know that you can donate all year to the HMS Parent Group using the DONATE NOW button? If regular fundraisers aren’t your thing, please consider a TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation using this link above. Thank you!
2017-2018 Parent Group Board Members
- Susan Richards (8th Grade Representative) email@example.com
- Jessica Maalis (7th Grade Representative) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Pitts (6th grade Parent Representative) email@example.com
- Shawn German (6th grade Parent Representative) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tom Frank (Member at Large) email@example.com
- Sara Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org