2023-2024 Northwood Tech Driver’s Education Classroom Information
Please disregard this information if you have already registered your child for Driver’s Education with Northwood Technical College.
Northwood Technical College provides classroom and behind-the-wheel (BTW) for the Driver’s Education Program for the Hudson School District. Students registering for the class must be at least 14 1/2 years old before the class starts to be eligible for the classroom portion of Driver’s Education. Class information is listed below. The cost of the 30-hour classroom is $125 per student. Pre-registration and payment are required in order to save your child a spot in the class. Class size is limited and classes fill quickly. Classes are held at Hudson High School and currently scheduled in room J104. You will receive BTW information once your child has successfully passed the classroom portion. The current BTW fee is $260.
October: Tuesday/Thursday (3:00 PM – 6:00 PM) Class#65057
- Class dates 10/5, 10/10, 10/12, 10/17, 10/24, 10/26, 11/2, 11/7, 11/9, 11/14, 2023 (no class 10/19 and 10/31)
- One make-up session Thursday, November 16
January: Tuesday/Thursday (3:00 PM – 6:00 PM) Class#24887
- Class dates 1/9, 1/11, 1/16, 1/18, 1/23, 1/25, 1/30, 2/1, 2/6, 2/8, 2024
- One make-up session Tuesday, February 13
March: Tuesday/Thursday (3:00 PM – 6:00 PM) Class#24888
- Class dates 3/26, 3/28, 4/2, 4/4, 4/9, 4/11, 4/18, 4/23, 4/25, 2024
- One make-up session Tuesday, April 30
October 23 – December 3, 2023 Class#64949
December 4, 2023 – January 21, 2024 Class#64952
January 22 – March 3, 2024 Class#24721
March 4 – April 21, 2024 Class#24725
April 22 – June 2, 2024 Class#24729
Online class considerations:
- The email you provide on the registration form will be the one that will get the login information and also the one the instructor will use to communicate with your child about missing assignments or tests. In light of this information, you may feel it’s best to use your parent email, so you can stay informed.
- Please list a cell phone number (either parent or student) to have tied to your child’s account should the need for an extra verification step arise.
- Class runs for 6 weeks. Each week several units open and students have until the end of the week to complete the work within each assigned units. At the end of the week, those units close and the next set will open. Students need to be self-motivated!
- There is no set time students have to be logged in. They must need to make sure they log in each week to complete the assigned modules. Weekly modules open on Mondays and close the following Sunday night.
- Students need to receive a 78% or higher to successfully pass this course and move on to the behind-the-wheel portion. After a student submits an assignment, they can go back anytime during the class to redo the assignment to improve their grade.
- We have found our Blackboard system is not compatible with Internet Explorer. The best search engines to use are Firefox and Chrome.
- Knowledge test and road signs test (permit tests) will be done at the DMV once students are 15 years old. The final exam students take during the online class is NOT the permit test.
- After your child successfully completes the class, you will get a confirmation email and next steps for BTW. The BTW fee is $260.
Registration form and payment must be turned in at least one week before the start of the class. Northwood Tech needs time to create your child in our system and email you the login directions with their newly created student ID number. Any forms received after the one-week prior deadline will be enrolled in the next available online class.
If your child wishes to enroll in one these classes, please complete the registration form (click here for the form). Include the Class ID # for the session they wish to enroll in and send the form and payment to:
Attn: Driver’s Ed
1900 College Drive
Rice Lake, WI 54868
firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not include credit card information on the registration; we will contact you to collect this information over the phone).
Please be sure you sign the parent/guardian permission on the registration form for your child to take this class. Your child needs to complete and sign the Authorization to Release Student Record information form. Due to FERPA privacy laws, we need this form completed so we can legally speak with you about your child’s driver’s education classes. Without this completed form, we cannot discuss classes with your or report completion information to the DMV.
Confirmation letters will be emailed approximately two weeks prior to the start of class. If the class you choose is full, we will contact you immediately upon receipt of your registration. Please check the dates carefully to make sure your child will be able to attend ALL the dates of the session they wish to enroll in. Students who miss one excused session are required to attend the make-up session. Students who miss two or more sessions will be dropped out of the class with no refund. If you would like to be sure Northwood Tech received your registration, please contact us either by phone at 715.234.7082, option #4 or email email@example.com
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
615.234.7082; option #4