Fall 2022 Driver’s Education Classes – In-Person & Online
Northwood Technical College will be providing the classroom and behind-the-wheel (BTW) for the Driver’s Education Program for Hudson School District. Your son/daughter must be 14 ½ years old before the class starts or turn 14 ½ during the class to be eligible for the classroom portion of Driver’s Ed. Class information is listed below. The cost of the 30-hour classroom is $120 per student. Pre-registration and payment are required in order to save your child a spot in the class. Class size is limited, and classes fill quickly. Classes are held at the Hudson High School and currently scheduled to be in room J104. You will receive BTW information once your child has successfully passed the classroom portion. The current BTW fee is $255.
- Tuesday/Thursday (3:00 PM – 6:00 PM) Class#64913
- Class dates: 10/11, 10/18, 10/20, 10/25, 10/27, 11/1, 11/3, 11/8, 11/10, 11/15, 2022
- One make-up session Thursday, November 17 (No class on 10/13)
- Tuesday/Thursday (3:00 PM – 6:00 PM) Class#24379
- Class dates: 1/10, 1/12, 1/17, 1/19, 1/24, 1/26, 1/31, 2/2, 2/7, 2/9, 2023
- One make-up session Tuesday, February 14
- Tuesday/Thursday (3:00 PM – 6:00 PM) Class#24380
- Class dates: 3/28, 3/30, 4/4, 4/6, 4/11, 4/18, 4/20, 4/25, 4/27, 2023
- One make-up session Tuesday, May 2
If your child wishes to enroll in one of these classes, please complete the registration form and include the CLASS ID number for the session they wish to enroll in, and send it back with payment. Click here for a printable copy of the registration form.
Northwood Tech – Rice Lake
Attn Drivers Ed
1900 College Drive
Rice Lake, WI 54868
Please be sure you sign the parent/guardian permission on the registration form for your child to take this class. Your child needs to complete and sign the Authorization to Release Student Record information form. Due to FERPA privacy laws, we need this form completed so we can legally speak with you about your student’s driver’s education classes. Without this completed form, we cannot discuss classes with you or report completion information to the DMV.
Confirmation letters will be emailed approximately two weeks prior to the start of class. If the class you choose is full, we will contact you immediately upon receipt of your registration. Please check the dates carefully to make sure your child will be able to attend ALL the dates of the session they wish to enroll in. Students who miss one excused session are required to attend the make-up session. Students who miss two or more sessions will be dropped out of the class with no refund. If you would like to be sure Northwood Tech received your registration, please contact us either by phone 715.234.7082, option #4, or email (email@example.com).
Please Note—Northwood Tech adheres to high school policies regarding inclement weather. If school is closed or afterschool activities canceled due to inclement weather, driver’s education class or behind-the-wheel will also be canceled and a make-up session scheduled.**
Northwood Tech Online Class Information
Upcoming Online Classes:
September 12 – October 23, 2022 – Class# 65490
October 24 – December 4, 2022 – Class#65492
December 5, 2022 – January 22, 2023 – Class#65495
January 16 – February 26, 2023 – Class#24384
February 27 – April 9, 2023 – Class#24387
April 10 – May 22, 2023 – Class#24390
Registration form and payment must be turned in at least one week before the start of the class. Northwood Tech needs time to be able to create your child in our system and email you the login directions along with their newly created student ID number. Any forms received after the one-week prior deadline will be enrolled in the next available online class.
Thank you for your interest in our online class. Below are a few things to note about the online class:
- The email you provide on the registration form will be the one that will get the login information and also the one the instructor will use to communicate with your student about missing assignments or tests. In light of this information, you may feel it’s best to use parents’ email, so you can stay informed.
- You MUST list a cell phone number your child will have access to; part of the dual security login process requires a text to be sent to the phone number tied to the student’s account.
- Class runs for 6 weeks. Each week several units open and students have until the end of the week to complete the work within each assigned units. At the end of the week, those units close and the next set will open. Students need to be self-motivated!
- There is no set time students have to be logged in. They just need to make sure they log in each week to complete the assigned modules. Weekly modules open on Mondays and close the following Sunday night.
- Students need to receive a 78% or higher to successfully pass this course and move on to the behind the wheel portion. After a student submits an assignment, they can go back anytime during the class to redo the assignment to improve their grade.
- We have also found our Blackboard system is not compatible with Internet Explorer. The best search engines to use are Firefox or Chrome.
- Knowledge tests and road signs test (permit tests) will be done at the DMV once students are 15 years old. The final exam students take during the online class is NOT the permit test.
- After student successfully complete the class, you will get a confirmation email and next steps for BTW. The current BTW fee is $255.
If you are interested in registering your student for an online class, please complete the attached registration form and return to Northwood Tech with payment. Please make sure to include the class number and start date one the registration form of the class you want to enroll your child into. You can mail the completed forms and payment to the below address.
Northwood Tech Rice Lake
Attn: Driver’s Education
1900 College Drive
Rice Lake, WI 54868
Once your child’s registration form and payment is received, Northwood Tech will email you information about connecting to our online system – Blackboard.