In this unprecedented time, our day to day life has been impacted. There are many stressors and it can all seem overwhelming at times. During these challenging times of COVID-19 social and physical distancing, access to free online resources, support and services for families may be critical to our community’s well-being. We have compiled a list of free, online resources for your use if you or someone you care about is experiencing a crisis. Remember, if you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency or fear for your safety, call 9-1-1. Quick Links
Enjoy this video from HP Staff to our students and families!
Mr. Behnke’s Weekly Read Aloud
Hudson Prairie Student Birthdays
Birthdays are special days for children in school. There have been a lot of cool ideas covered on the news during this COVID-19 Pandemic of how people are celebrating birthdays while following the social distancing rules. One of the traditions we have at HP is students stopping by the office for their little birthday present! By filling out this form, we will make sure a staff member from HP will swing by on your student’s birthday to drop off a little birthday present!
HUDSON PRAIRIE I SPY
There have been many gestures to show support for another, like in Italy where families come out on balconies or to their windows to clap at 8:00 every night for the first responders and medical staff or communities putting teddy bears in their windows so those out for walks can spot them. We are hoping to start our own Hudson Prairie I SPY # (hashtag) game. The game is simple. Please print the HUDSON PRAIRIE I SPY Sign and place it somewhere visible to those driving or walking by for them to spot. You may color or decorate the sign or simply print and place…if you do not have a printer no worries just make your own! To add some excitement each week students can submit their own new Hudson Prairie I Spy Hashtag by using this google from. Each week I will pick a new one to be placed in the same or new location to switch it up on each other:)
HP Counselor Resources
Message from Mrs. Kreiser, School Counselor:
- I would love to hear from all HP students at least once using this form to share their feelings and if they want/need a check in with me: **Connecting with Mrs. Krieser Form
- Click here for a direct link to all my newsletters that have resources, articles, and helpful tools for families during this time at home.
- The Love and Logic Institute is providing their Parenting with Love and Logic classmodules FREE for the month of April! Click here for information and to get the modules.
Hudson Prairie Online Learning Office Hours
If you or your child have any questions regarding instructional materials, please contact your child’s teacher. The classroom teacher is your first resource for instruction/homework questions. To facilitate this, all of our teachers have office hours and will be checking/answering emails from families. Some of our teachers will provide instruction via video to maintain that personal connection.
Click Here for HUDSON PRAIRIE ONLINE OFFICE HOURS
Tech Help for Families
If you or your child are experiencing technology issues, the district has provided a “Tech Help for Families” option on Classlink (click here to access this option).
Food Distribution for ALL Families in the District
Update on meals for the week starting Monday, April 6th.
The Hudson School District will be providing FREE breakfast and lunch to families during the school closure. Meals are provided for children 18 years of age and under.
School District meals will be distributed:
- Monday through Friday from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
- In the north parking lot at Hudson High School.
- Please enter the parking lot from Oak Street.
Hudson Area Backpack Program will be providing food to any family in the district who would like to participate. The Backpack Program will hand out food at the High School from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM on the following dates:
- Wednesday, April 8 and Thursday, April 9
- Wednesday, April 22 and Thursday, April 23
- Delivery is an option for families who cannot pick up food during this time.
- Please register for the Backpack Program at www.hudsonbackpack.com to help us have an accurate family count and order the right amount of food. Families will receive shelf stable items, fresh produce, bakery, meat/poultry, dairy and household supplies.
- If you have questions or need assistance please call 715.781.5781. If you are interested in volunteering to help please go to www.hudsonbackpack.com and signup for a shift.
Out of an abundance of caution, we ask that drivers stay in their vehicle. Traffic cones will direct you to the grab and go area where you can pick the meals from your vehicle.
Please complete this Meal Survey ONLY if you did not sign up previously (click here to complete the survey). Also, please enter the total number of children 18 years of age and younger that will need meals. Families are welcome to sign up anytime. If you signed up previously and would like to be removed from the list, please contact Nutrition Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715.377.3717; press #1 to leave a message.
There are also Community meal resources available:
FoodShare Outreach continues to help our neighbors! Information and assistance is available over the phone from the comfort of your home! Call or text 715-496-3121 to speak with your local outreach specialist, Maureen Wilson, or contact the Feeding WI helpline at 715-257-4558. You can also email questions to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT PTO-YEARBOOK INFO
Lifetouch will be providing yearbooks for ALL Hudson Prairie students instead of the class composite. For those that have purchased a yearbook, they will receive a credit from Lifetouch for pictures next year.
Hudson Prairie Fun Run
2020-21 Online Registration is now open.
Please login to Skyward to complete this process.