The PTO provides popcorn for River Crest students and staff one day a month, typically the last Friday of each month. If you would like to sign up to sponsor Popcorn Friday or volunteer to pop popcorn, you can do so here.
River Crest Indoor/Outdoor Recess Policies
Our students have daily recess except in extreme weather conditions such as rain or severe cold/wind chill temperatures. Students are not permitted to stay indoors during recess time without a written request from a physician.
Cold Weather Policy:
- If the temperature is 0°F or below, the students will not go outside for recess.
- If the wind chill is colder than –10°F, the students will not go outside for recess.
- If the wind chill is between 0°F and –10°F, outdoor recess may be shortened or canceled by the principal based on local conditions.
- Jackets are required if the temperature is below 50°F.
- Jackets, snow pants, mittens/gloves, and hats are required if the temperature is below 35°F.
- Boots are required if there is snow on the ground or if the ground is wet or muddy.
- If students do not have appropriate outerwear for the weather conditions, they will be restricted to playing on the blacktop or cement areas of the playground.
CHANGES TO STUDENTS’ END-OF-DAY PLANS
Changes to your child’s after-school transportation or care arrangements should be communicated to his/her teacher with a written note sent to school with your child. DO NOT EMAIL your child’s teacher and DO NOT leave a voicemail on the teacher’s phone with last-minute changes. If there is a change that needs to be communicated after the start of the school day, please call the office at 715-377-3890 before 3:00 p.m. This will allow the office staff ample time to notify your child’s teacher of the change. We ask that you do not call after 3:15 p.m in the interest of the child’s safety.
Hudson Backpack Program
The Hudson Backpack program offers families in need the opportunity to participate in their food support program. You can sign up to have your student bring home a backpack with food once a week here. You can also sign up for drive-through food pick-up or delivery. New families can sign up here. If you participated this summer you do not need to sign up again.
Child Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures
Please take a moment to review River Crest Elementary School’s Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures.
The Hudson School District’s Raider Portal is one way for families to connect to the classroom.
- Click here to access the River Crest Elementary School Raider Portal page.
- The Grade Level tab will take you to classroom weekly news and updates.
- Select the Classlinks tab to see your child’s information.
- When you click on Classlinks, choose “Sign in with Google.”
- Use your child’s Hudson Student Username and Password to sign in.
- If there is a request to “link data or sync data,” choose yes or OK