Welcome to the Middle School Swim and Dive Club! We hope it will help prepare you for a potential swim and dive career in high school by highlighting key skills and drills in the four major competitive strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly) and/or diving (forwards, inwards, reverses, straights, and twisters), teach you how to be safe in and out of the water, and to have fun with your friends.
Advisors: Mr. Campbell, Ms. Greenwood and Ms. Reis
Meets: Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:00-4:00 pm
Location: Middle School Pool
First meeting: February 22, 2024
Practices are open for 6th-8th graders, boys and girls, and all levels of experience–even if you do not have any experience. We will be providing training to those who have never swum or dove before. As coaches, both of us are here to help you become the best student-athlete possible. We are excited to have you here!
Swimmer and Diver Expectations:
- Always be respectful of teammates and coaches
- We are responsible for taking out and putting away any equipment.
- Please be respectful towards all equipment since it is shared with groups and classes.
- Please be respectful of the facility – keep the pool area and locker rooms clean.
Things to Bring:
- Goggles (there are extras, but only a few)
We will be supplying the kids with other equipment, such as kickboards, pull buoys, fins, and snorkels. But if the kids do have any of these items, please bring them to practice.