Student Meal Account Information

Student Accounts

  1. Student Accounts: Each student has been assigned a PIN number that remains the same every year. This number gives them access to their meal account. Student accounts operate similar to a checking account. There must be money in the account to “purchase” food in the cafeteria (meals and a la carte). It is your responsibility to maintain a positive account balance in order for meal services to continue. Students may check their balance daily and are notified from the cashier when their balance is low.
    1.  Negative Balances:  When an account is negative, students are only allowed to purchase complete meals. No ala carte purchases are permitted.
  2. Applications for Free and Reduced Meals: Applications must be filled out each year. Information and applications are available from each school or can be accessed by clicking here. Students who qualify for free or reduced meals must have money in their account for any purchases other than a meal.
  3. Payments: There are two ways to put money in your child’s meal account:
    1. Check or Cash: Each student has his/her own account. Families with more than one child in school may prepay with one check by noting on the deposit form how much should be deposited in each student’s account (click here for a deposit form). Payments can be dropped off at any school. Deposit boxes are located outside of each school office. Payments can also be mailed to: Nutrition Services, 1501 Vine Street, Hudson, WI  54016. Student accounts will be assessed a fee for all checks returned for insufficient funds. Note: You must complete a deposit request form listing all student names, school, PIN#, and amount deposited to each student.
    2. Online: Meal account payments can be made electronically through MySchoolBucks.com. Please contact the Nutrition Services Department or your child’s school if you need additional assistance.
  4. No Cash Policy: No cash will be accepted at the cafeteria line. This eliminates the need for students to carry cash and also expedites the cafeteria serving lines. There are automatic deposit stations in the cafeteria for students to deposit cash into their accounts or to check their balance.