Communicating Student Absences
- Please call the Attendance Line if your child will be absent or coming to school late (715.377.3862)
- You must call in each day your child is absent, unless you have submitted a Pre-Excused Absence Form.
- Fill out a Pre-Excused Absence Form prior to your child’s absence.
- A child will be recorded as absent 1/2 a day if he/she arrives at school after 10:00 AM or leaves prior to 2:00 PM
- NEW THIS YEAR FOR REPORTING ABSENCES – Families are now able to submit an absence request through Skyward for elementary students. This feature allows you to notify your student’s school when your student will be absent. To report an absence via Skyward, log into your Skyward Family Access Account and select the Attendance Tab. Families are still able to call the school’s Attendance Line to report an absence. For further guidance on how to submit an absence, please use the link:Family Guide for Submitting an Absence Request
Compulsory Student Attendance
Regular attendance at school is vital to student learning and success. Student success is at risk when children are not in school.
The primary responsibility for regular school attendance of a child rests upon the child’s parent(s) or guardian. In addition, school officials have a legal responsibility to enforce student attendance in school. It is the intent of the Hudson School District to work as closely as possible with parents/guardians regarding student attendance. Building administrators (principals, associate principals, and deans) are the Board of Education’s designated school attendance officers.
All absences/tardies require parent/guardian written verification in order to be excused. The verification is to be submitted to the building administrator. If written verification is not received, the absence will be considered unexcused. Students arriving late or leaving early require a parent/guardian to come into the office to check his/her child out of school.