Instructional Technology in the Hudson School District – A Multi-dimensional Approach
21st Century learning requires students to be able to live, learn, and work successfully in our information-rich society. Students must be able to seamlessly integrate technology into all aspects of their lives. The Hudson School District highly values the role of technology in education and has developed the following Educational Media and Technology Vision Statement.
The Hudson School District will optimize the strategic vision, HSD 2015, to transform learning by leveraging 21st Century skills through technology by:
- Creating, communicating, and interacting with resources, content, global experiences and collaborative relationships.
- Engaging in powerful personalized learning.
- Demonstrating, informing, and assessing learning through multiple authentic and meaningful ways.
In support of this vision, the Hudson School District has developed the HSD 2025 Technology Integration Plan. This plan delineates the role of technology in support of the HSD 2025 Graduate Learner Outcomes.
- Maximize student learning by integrating tech-rich experiences into the curriculum and the HSD 2025 implementation plan to acquire, evaluate, create, and share digital information;
- Take advantage of digital tools that provide greater opportunity for collaboration in the learning process;
- Provide more authentic and personalized learning experiences utilizing up-to-date information;
- Help students achieve media and technology literacy while modeling and maintaining a safe and ethical online environment;
- Provide greater and more efficient access to electronic information by having an “always-on” digital learning environment for students.
The School District began to provide ways for students to have greater access to technology in the classroom during the 2013-14 school year when Board policies were updated in support of a “Bring Your Own Device” or BYOD approach. This model enables students to use personal electronic devices in the classroom for learning.
With this multi-dimensional approach, the School District hopes to meet the outcomes listed above through greater integration of technology tools for learning.