Communicating Student Absences
- Please enter your child’s absence in Skyward Family Access or call the Attendance Line (715.377.3882) if your child will be absent or arriving late to school.
- Skyward Family Access – Absence Reporting: Families are able to submit an absence request through Skyward Family Access for elementary students. This feature allows you to notify your child’s school when your child will be absent.
- To report an absence using Skyward:
- Log into your Skyward Family Access account (click here to view the instructions)
- Select the Attendance tab.
- Please provide a physician’s note if your child is absent due to a medical appointment.
- You must notify the school each day your child is absent, unless you have submitted a Pre-Excused Absence Form (click here). You may complete a Pre-Excused Absence Form if you know in advance your child will be absent two (2) or more days from school. The Pre-Excused Absence Form should be completed prior to your child’s absence.
- A child will be recorded as absent for a half day if he/she arrives at school after 10:00 AM or leaves prior to 2:00 PM.
Compulsory Student Attendance
Regular attendance at school is vital to student learning and success. Student success is at risk when children are not in school.
The primary responsibility for regular school attendance of a child rests upon the child’s parent(s) or guardian. In addition, school officials have a legal responsibility to enforce student attendance in school. It is the intent of the Hudson School District to work as closely as possible with parents/guardians regarding student attendance. Building administrators (principals, associate principals, and deans) are the Board of Education’s designated school attendance officers.
Students arriving late or leaving early require a parent/guardian to come into the School Office to check their child out of school.