Hudson Middle School
2021-2022 Season Start Date:
- Registration Opens Monday, October 4th in “My School Bucks.”
- Registration ends November, 6th
- First day of practice is November 1, 2021. The season will conclude in early January. There are no practices/competitions scheduled during HSD breaks (also, if school is cancelled for any reason, practice/competition scheduled for that evening is also cancelled.)
- Practices take place on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday during the season and run from 3:00-5:15 pm. Wrestlers, please try to be down in our practice area ASAP after school to help with mat set up. Uniform for practice: t-shirt (long or short sleeve), shorts/sweatpants, wrestling shoes, headgear.
- Equipment: HMS provides wrestlers with the necessary uniform (singlet & warm-ups.) Wrestlers will also receive a FREE t-shirt and the option to order Hudson Wrestling shorts. Wrestlers must provide wrestling shoes and headgear; these items can be purchased numerous places locally and online. Please let me know if there are any issues finding these items.
- Competitions: During the season, we will compete in 10-12 meets/tournaments. Most of these meets will take place on Tuesday/Thursday evenings beginning at about 3:45 pm. If it is an Away meet we will bus there as a team shortly after school ends on that day. During these evening meets, the host school will make every effort to get each wrestler 2-3 matches. We compete in a “skill based” conference so wrestlers will compete against opponents of similar experience level and weight. In addition to evening meets, we will also compete in two Saturday tournaments during the year-The Conference Duals, and the Hastings Livingston Tournament. We will discuss these tournaments more as the season progresses.