What is Hudson Middle School Parent Group?
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organized to provide support and resources to the school and parents for the benefit and educational growth of our children. Through volunteer coordination, organized events, and effective fundraising, we seek to enhance learning, strengthen communication between home and school, and encourage and celebrate every students’ experience.
What does Hudson Middle School Parent Group do?
- Raises Funds to support:
- Field trips & guest speakers
- PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports)
- Extra classroom and House specific needs
- How are funds raised?
- Parent Group organized fundraisers.
- Donations: For those who don’t wish to sell or simply want to make a donation, you can donate by click on the orange Donate Now button on the right.
- Scholastic Book Fairs: Purchase books for the library and classrooms.
- Box Tops for Education – collection contest in February.
Why is it important to be involved?
- Connect with other parents who are raising teens.
- Show your kids that you are supportive of and connected to their education.
Did you know that you can donate all year to the HMS Parent Group using the DONATE NOW button? If regular fundraisers aren’t your thing, please consider a TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation using this link above. Thank you!
2021-2022 Parent Group Board Members
- Due to unprecedented conditions of COVID, the HMSPG Board voted not to hold the annual meeting in May 2021. All volunteer members of the board agreed to continue an additional term for the 2021-2022 school year. They were able to decide this in accordance to the Bylaws of Hudson Middle School Parent Group, INC and Wisconsin State Cooperate law. Next annual meeting will be May, 16, 2022 as specified in the bylaws. This is consistent with how the board has conducted annual meetings in the past and follows the language of the Bylaws. That also aligns with the budgeting process and the school year.
- Under Wisconsin Statutes, Chapter 181.0701, “The failure to hold an annual or regular meeting at a time stated in or fixed in accordance with a corporation’s bylaws does not affect the validity of any corporate action.”
- Sara Jackson
- Angela Herrara
- Sarah Fluegel and Teresa Lockbaum
- Mallory Deckard
- Rebecca Junk
Member at Large
- Dan Walrack