The Hudson Backpack program would like to offer families in need the opportunity to participate in their food support program. This program is open to every family in the district. Backpacks are sent home weekly, but twice a month families also receive a voucher for Family Fresh grocery. Registration forms are available by clicking here. Forms are due by Friday, September 27 to Mrs. Krieser, HP School Counselor.
Here is your link to order pictures for LifeTouch Picture Day on Monday, September 23rd.
Bridging Brighter Smiles is Back for the 2019-2020 School Year!
School Based Dental Program: Bridging Brighter Smiles, Inc. is back again for the 2019-2020 school year to provide preventative dental care right at Hudson schools! This program is open to all students in the district. Visits are held throughout the school year. Here is more information and the enrollment form. Bridging Brighter Smiles will be at Hudson Prairie on Tuesday, October 8th to see students.
District Elementary Schedule Change
For the 2019-2020 school year, we’ve made some changes to the K-5 district-wide elementary schedules. We recognize that special classes are important to all students in order to provide balanced opportunities for student learning. In addition, we know that an increase in physical activity and the arts are beneficial to students.
- We will move from a 6-day cycle to a Monday-Friday specialist schedule.
- This will include physical education and music three times a week, art two times a week, and media once a week.
- As an enhancement to the media program, we will also be implementing a computer science curriculum for all K-5 students.
- Life Skills with the School Counselor and computer science will alternate every other week.
District Elementary Breakfast Program (starting week of 9/16)
- All students will have an opportunity to have before school breakfast from 8:40-9:00 am.
- Students choosing not to have breakfast will have before school recess from 8:40-8:50 am, when the 1st bell rings.
- Parents who are dropping off their children for breakfast or recess can either use the large parking lot to the west of the building or drop off in the turnaround by the front sidewalk.
- We will have plenty of staff available at the start of the year to help show everyone where to go and to learn the process.
- Students accessing School Age Care will have their breakfast and recess prior to 8:40am.
- If it is raining or very cold outside, there will be no before school recess. Students will enter the building at 8:40am and sit by their lockers near their classrooms or get some time in the gym if it is available.
Our Daily Schedule
Morning Recess/Breakfast 8:40 (Starting September 16)
- 1st Bell-8:50am
- 2nd Bell/Tardy Bell 9:00am
Dismissal Bell 3:53pm
- 11:00-11:15/11:15-11:45 – Kindergarten
- 11:20-11:35/11:35-12:05 – Second Grade
- 11:45-12:00/12:00-12:30 – First Grade
- 12:00-12:15/12:15-12:45 – Third Grade
- 12:15-12:30/12:30-1:00 – Fifth Grade
- 12:40-12:55/12:55-1:25 – Fourth Grade
Free School Supplies & Backpacks
- If you already have a child in the Hudson School District, please click here to access Skyward to begin your registration process. You must register your child each school year.
- If you are NEW to the Hudson School District, please click here to begin your registration process.
- 2019-2020 Student Transportation Request, click here if your child needs bus transportation for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Check for your child’s elementary attendance area by clicking here.
Questions? Please contact Amy Briggs via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715.377.3860