Hello Hudson Prairie Families!
Greetings and welcome to the 2016-2017 school year from Mrs. Krieser, the school counselor at Hudson Prairie Elementary School! I am excited to continue to work with the students, parents, and community members of Hudson!
My mission and role as the School Counselor at HP:
As the School Counselor at Hudson Prairie Elementary School, I help all students with social/emotional development, career development and strength finding, and provide academic support. I believe that all children are special and unique and it is important for every student to realize his/her strengths and unique ways of learning and growing.
Through the use of “Life Skills” classes, groups, individual sessions, and being part of each student’s school life, I will strive to enhance student social and academic experiences. I will help support and empower students to continually grow, learn, and become responsible citizens and lifelong learners. I believe in positive decision making and will help students to understand the power of their decisions and how to make positive choices in their daily social, personal, and academic lives.
K-5 School Counseling curriculum includes:
- Academic support, including organizational, study and test-taking skills.
- Goal setting and decision-making.
- Career awareness, exploration and planning.
- Education on understanding self and others.
- Peer relationships, coping strategies and effective social skills.
- Communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Substance abuse education.
- Multicultural/diversity awareness.
- Individual student planning.
Academic planning includes:
- Goal setting/decision-making.
- Education on understanding of self, including strengths and weaknesses.
- Transition plans.
- Individual and small-group counseling.
- Individual/family/school crisis intervention.
- Conflict resolution.
- Referrals to community resources.