Pepper Fest Volunteers Needed!
New this year, we will be volunteering two work shifts in the Gazebo Food Tent. We will be selling the following items: hot dogs, Italian sausage, French fries, cheese curds, cold pasta, corn dogs, mini-donuts, chips, popcorn, water, soda, and coffee.
Welcome to North Hudson’s Parent Group
If you are the parent of a student at North Hudson Elementary, YOU are a part of PTO! This group supports the school in many ways including raising funds to support field trips, classroom needs and special events at the school.
How can you get involved?
Attend the monthly PTO meetings to hear first hand what is happening at our school. Principal Shannon Sexe attends along with other teachers or staff. Free childcare is provided so come and connect with parents while the kids get some extra playtime. Listen, learn, ask questions and make suggestions – this is our time.
PTO Meeting Notes April 2, 2019
- Parents Survey results were shared.
- Love and Logic Classroom Strategy. The Short Term Recovery presentation from this morning went great!
- Raptor ID System-Every parent needs an ID to enter the school or check out a student out of school. 8:45-8:55 parents do not need to check in. Maybe one day they could print from history so parents would not need ID every time!
- Forward Exam (April 8th-26th)
- Staffing for 19-20- Same number of sections as we currently are. Shared 5th Grade NEWS! Megan G. will be teaching at River Crest and Willow River.
- School Tours: April 4th-Boundary exceptions will be notified between May to June 30th
- Update of guided reading implementation-WE ROCK!
- NH K Orientation: Thursday, April 18th
- Summer School Registration: June 17th-28th
- Screen-District will give $2500 Dolf will come back to PTO with Projector
Treasurer’s Report and Teacher Requests
Kim Domeier – Desk Easel
Michelle Beer – Desk Privacy
- Pita Pit from March 4th-$478 donation PLUS $47.93 of tips
- Culvers will take place Monday, April 15th
- Chipotle-May 6th-4 to 8 Need to say your are there for the Fundraiser (30% of sales will go to NH PTO)
Deadline is due Wednesday, April 3rd about 100 students have not ordered as of today!
- All School Photo will be Friday – students and staff should wear North Hudson gear.
Kids Carnival-Saturday,April 13th 10am-2pm
- Business Sponsorship-Lot’s of great businesses helping Carnival a success
- Publicity-If you have a connection to a sporting event or vacation destination and you would like to donate contact Laura Ludeman
- Punch Cards-Preorders are ready to roll
- Games: New Games
- Drop a Penny
- Sand Art
- Dance Party
- Signs will be put up Friday afternoon!
- Still, need volunteers! More e-mails will be going out soon!
- Food-$100 donation from Aldi
- Prizes are ready to go! Mr. Mark will get the PRIZE ROOM ready to GO!
- Bounce Houses and Sno Cones are ready to go!
- Keep collecting raffle tickets
19′-20′ PTO Officers: All positions are open. Michelle Beer will be staying on for 1 more year as a Teacher Liaison – if you would be interested in this position for the 20′-21′ school year please let her know!
Staff and Teacher Appreciation Luncheon is in the works – May 7th
School Supply Kits