CLASS LINK DIRECTIONS
- Please make sure to use google/chrome as your browser.
- Search for Hudson Schools in your browser.
- Select the Raider Portal
- Select River Crest
- Find the“Quick links”
- Select Classlinks
- Choose “Sign in with Google”
- Use the Hudson Student: Username/Password to sign in.
- If there is a request to ‘link data or sync data” choose yes or OK.
RIVER CREST SCHOOL HOURS
- 9:00 A.M. – 4:08 P.M.
- Early Release 2:08 P.M.
- Late Start/2 hour Delay 11:00 A.M.
Inclement Weather Make Up Plan
- School day extended 15 minutes; River Crest School Hours are 9:00 AM-4:08 PM
- Afternoon bus drop off will be 15 minutes later than usual.
- Cancelled Late Starts and Early Release Days – these are now full days of school.
- February 28, 2019
- April 11, 2019
- May 24, 2019
- April 19th is no longer a non-school day – this is now a full day of school.
- March 8, 2019 continues to be an early release day. Students will be done with school at 2:08 PM.
We realize this may change your child’s end of day plans. If there are any changes to your child’s schedule, please communicate these changes with the office as soon as possible. You will also need to contact School Age Care if you plan to make any changes.
END OF SCHOOL DAY CHANGES
- Please call the office at 715.377.3890 by 2:00 PM with end of day schedule changes (pick up/take bus home) for your child.
- Calls after 2:00 PM are for emergency situations only.
- Please do not email teachers with end of day changes, if they are absent emails are not received.
COMMUNICATING STUDENT ABSENCES
Please call our Attendance Line 715.377.3892 if your child will be absent or coming to school late. This voicemail is available 24/7. Students must be called in each day that they are absent, unless a Family Vacation Communication Form was completed prior to the absence. Emailing your child’s teacher is not sufficient, at times our staff may be absent and this information is not communicated. Thank you for your cooperation.
- A student will be recorded as absent 1/2 day if the student arrives to school after 10:00 AM or leaves school prior to 2:00 PM.
- More information regarding attendance can be found in the 2018-2019 Hudson School District Elementary School Parent Handbook, Procedure 431.
PHOTO ID REQUIRED FOR ALL VISITORS
- All school visitors need to present a photo ID.
Once the school entrances are locked for the day, visitors must enter the school through the main office. Starting this year, ALL visitors must present a photo ID when checking in and receiving a visitor badge/sticker to enter the school. Both parents and the general public will be required to show a photo ID. We know these new safety procedures may be inconvenient to some initially. As a School District, our priority is the safety and security of all who learn and work in our schools. We ask for your patience and understanding as we implement these new procedures.
DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP PROCEDURES
In order to maintain a safe and orderly pick-up and drop-off, please adhere to the following rules and procedures when dropping off and picking up your child(ren) from school:
- Vehicles are NOT allowed in the back (playground) or side parking lots during school drop-off and pick-up. Those areas are for school buses only. Students are to be dropped off and picked up from the front of the school.
- Pull as far forward along the curb as possible before stopping your vehicle. Continue to pull your vehicle forward as traffic allows.
- Have all school materials ready before students exit the vehicle so students can quickly and safely exit.
- Students should load/unload from the passenger side of the vehicle only. Do not exit the vehicle into the lane of traffic.
- Use the designated crosswalk when crossing the lane of traffic.
- No vehicles are to be left unattended along the curb. Drivers needing to leave their car should park in the parking lot.
- The school has limited parking and loading zones. Please allow extra time to park or to wait in line during arrival and dismissal.
- NO SCHOOL SUPERVISION is available before 8:45 a.m., therefore, for safety reasons students SHOULD NOT be at school before this time. The bell for students to go to their classrooms does not ring until 8:50 am.
- Playground supervision is provided only during the school day. Students should not be dropped off at the playground before school. Playground supervision is not provided after school. Students are expected to go directly home after school dismissal at 3:53 p.m.
INDOOR/OUTDOOR RECESS PROCEDURES
Our students have daily recess except in extreme weather conditions as rain or severe cold/wind chill.
Cold Weather Policy
- If the temperature is 0 degrees F or below, the students will not go outside for recess.
- If the wind chill is colder than –10 degrees F, the students will not go outside for recess.
- If the wind chill is between 0 degrees F and –10 degrees F, outdoor recess may be shortened or canceled by the principal based on local conditions.
Recess Outerwear Requirements
- Above 50 degrees F: Jackets/coats are optional
- Below 50 degrees F: Jackets/coats are required
- Below 35 degrees F: Jackets/coats, snow pants, boots, hats, & mittens are required.
Students without Winter Clothing
Students are not permitted to stay indoors, except at the teacher’s request, during recess time without a written request from a physician or a written request from the parent on the day after a prolonged illness.
- No Snow Pants = Blacktop Only
- No Boots = Sidewalk Only