PHOTO ID REQUIRED FOR ALL VISITORS
- All school visitors need to present a photo ID.
Once the school entrances are locked for the day, visitors must enter the school through the main office. Starting this year, ALL visitors must present a photo ID when checking in and receiving a visitor badge/sticker to enter the school. Both parents and the general public will be required to show a photo ID.We know these new safety procedures may be inconvenient to some initially. As a School District, our priority is the safety and security of all who learn and work in our schools. We ask for your patience and understanding as we implement these new procedures.
SCHOOL DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP PROCEDURES
In order to maintain a safe and orderly pick-up and drop-off, please adhere to the following rules and procedures when dropping off and picking up your child(ren) from school:
- Vehicles are NOT allowed in the back (playground) or side parking lots during school drop-off and pick-up. Those areas are for school busses only. Students are to be dropped off and picked up from the front of the school.
- Pull as far forward along the curb as possible before stopping your vehicle. Continue to pull your vehicle forward as traffic allows.
- Have all school materials ready before students exit the vehicle so students can quickly and safely exit.
- Students should load/unload from the passenger side of the vehicle only. Do not exit the vehicle into the lane of traffic.
- Use the designated crosswalk when crossing the lane of traffic.
- No vehicles are to be left unattended along the curb. Drivers needing to leave their car should park in the parking lot.
- The school has limited parking and loading zones. Please allow extra time to park or to wait in line during arrival and dismissal.
- NO SCHOOL SUPERVISION is available before 8:45 a.m., therefore, for safety reasons students SHOULD NOT be at school before this time. The bell for students to go to their classrooms does not ring until 8:50 am.
- Playground supervision is provided only during the school day. Students should not be dropped off at the playground before school. Playground supervision is not provided after school. Students are expected to go directly home after school dismissal at 3:53 p.m.
INDOOR/OUTDOOR RECESS PROCEDURES AT RIVER CREST
Our students have daily recess except in extreme weather conditions as rain or severe cold/wind chill.
Our cold weather policy is:
- If the temperature is 0 degrees F or below, the students will not go outside for recess.
- If the wind chill is colder than –10 degrees F, the students will not go outside for recess.
- If the wind chill is between 0 degrees F and –10 degrees F, outdoor recess may be shortened or canceled by the principal based on local conditions.
Please consider these factors related to weather as you and your child make your daily decisions on winter clothing.
- Hats, scarves, boots and mittens or gloves are necessary.
- Most playground games are played in the snow.
- If students do not have boots, they are restricted to play on the cement area.
Here are clothing guidelines:
- If the temperature is below 50 degrees F, you need to wear your jacket.
- If the temperature is 50 degrees F or higher, it is your choice!
- In the Fall and Spring when it is wet and muddy, wear boots.
- If it is snowy, wear boots, snow pants,mittens, and hat.
- Students are not permitted to stay indoors, except at the teacher’s request, during recess time without a written request from a physician or a written request from the parent on the day after a prolonged illness.