River Crest News
- School Doors will remain locked until 4:08 P.M. starting Monday, April 22nd
- Safety Drill Communication
- Parent Input Communication & Form
- Attn: 5th Grade Parents – Important Immunization Information for 6th Grade
- Health Office Communication: Spring Weather & Extra Clothing
- The last day to check out library books from the Media Center is May 23rd
- All library books are due back to River Crest by May 31st
- The last day of school has been changed to Wednesday, June 12, 2019
- 2019-2020 School Hours will be 9:00 A.M. – 3:53 P.M.
From the PTO
Teacher appreciation week is just around the corner. As you know we have some of the greatest staff at River Crest who give to our children every day. Let’s take the week of May 6th through May 10th to show them just how much we appreciate them. Sign up to bring a few items today!
- Monday 5/6 Salad Bar Lunch
- Tuesday 5/7 Room Service (Treats and Beverages delivered to classrooms)
- Wednesday 5/8 Brunch
- Thursday 5/9 Ice Cream Sundae Bar
- Friday 5/10 Pancake Breakfast (PTO will be purchasing all supplies for this breakfast)
Please bring all items to the office by 9:00 A.m. the day of sign up.
Thank you for always supporting everything we do at River Crest!
STATE ISSUED ID REQUIRED FOR ALL VISITORS
Dear River Crest Families and Staff,
The safety and security of our students and staff is of paramount importance. This year, our schools implemented a new visitor check-in procedure that includes showing a state issued ID before accessing the main school building. Using recently awarded School Safety Grant dollars, each school will further secure check-in through the use of a new visitor management system called Raptor. Raptor searches a national database of registered sex offenders and school district identified court orders that limit contact or visitation. The scan takes only seconds to complete. Following the scan, visitors will receive dated visitor ID sticker badge with photo.
Raptor School Visitor Check-In Begins Monday, April 22, 2019
- Beginning Monday, April 22, 2019, all visitors to River Crest Elementary School will be required to check-in using the Raptor Visitor ID system.
- You will need to provide the office staff with your state issued ID. If you do not have an ID, the office staff will need to enter your information manually.
- You will be asked your reason for visiting and where you are going within the school.
- Once the scan is complete, a picture ID will be printed that states your purpose and who you are visiting.
- Before leaving the school, please leave through the office so you can check out.
- Before the start of the school day, parents or other adults dropping children off, will not be allowed into the building beyond the vestibule without checking in through the visitor system.
- At the end of the school day, doors will remain locked until the end of the day bell rings at 4:08 P.M. If you plan to pick your child up at the end of the day, you will need to wait until the bell rings before entering the building or check in through the office as described above.
This new visitor management system is only one of many layers of security the Hudson School District uses at each of our schools. This system will allow us to quickly identify individuals who may pose a risk to students and staff.
How does the visitor management system work?
- Visitors will hand their state issued photo ID to the school office receptionist. Your ID is placed in a scanner that is similar to a credit/debit card reader. Your information is fed into a national database of registered sex offenders and court order documentation for parent contact restrictions. The system will retain this basic information in addition to a copy of your ID photo. No other personal data is gathered or recorded your ID. Your information is only viewed at the time you check in. Access to the database is limited to a small number of support staff and School District administrators.
What can I do if I believe the system is providing inaccurate information about me?
- We will consider legal documentation that dismisses or offers new information that contradicts the alert we received.
- I’m a parent/guardian with a sexual offense on record or court order limiting access to my child, how can I participate in activities with my child?
Participation in your child’s academic activities is important. With proper planning, we will be able to accommodate most visits to the school. You will need to contact your child’s school at least 72 hours in advance so that we may secure an escort who will join you during your visit.
If you have questions about the School District’s visitor or safety procedures, please contact Tracy Habisch-Ahlin, Assistant Director of Community Relations at 715.377.3795 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank in advance for your understanding and your support in enhancing the school safety procedures in our District.
Hudson School District Administration
State Forward Exam
Students in Grades 3-5 are required to take the WI State Forward Exam.
- The exam is scheduled for:
- 4th Grade – April 2, 3, 9, 10, & 11
- 5th Grade – April 16, 17, & 18
- 3rd Grade – April 23, 24, & 25
- Click here to view the letter to families describing the exam.
- Click here to view the WI Department of Public Instruction brochure on the Forward Exam.
- We encourage you to help your child get a good night’s sleep, eat a good breakfast, and to do his/her best.
2019-2020 School Year Registration
We are starting to plan for the 2019-2020 school year, if you are moving and not attending River Crest Elementary School, please let Kelley Hoeft-Zelenak know as soon as possible. Also, if you know a family new to River Crest or with an incoming Kindergarten child, please encourage them to reach out to the office to get registered.
Child Drop-Off & Pick-Up Safety
- Please take a moment to click here and view an IMPORTANT VIDEO regarding student safety from Mrs. Coppenbarger.
END OF SCHOOL DAY CHANGES
- Notes regarding changes to end of day plans should be written and sent to school with your child.
- Please call the office with end of day changes at 715.377.3890 before 2:00 PM
- Calls after 2:00 PM are for emergency situations only. This will allow the office staff ample time to notify your child’s teacher of the change.
- Please DO NOT EMAIL teachers with end of day changes, if they are absent emails are not received.
- Please DO NOT try to leave a voice message on the teacher’s phone.
INCLEMENT WEATHER MAKE UP PLAN
- School day extended 15 minutes; River Crest School Hours are 9:00 AM-4:08 PM
- Afternoon bus drop off will be 15 minutes later than usual.
- Cancelled Late Starts and Early Release Days – these are now full days of school.
- February 28, 2019
- April 11, 2019
- May 24, 2019
- April 19th is no longer a non-school day – this is now a full day of school.
- March 8, 2019 continues to be an early release day. Students will be done with school at 2:08 PM.
- The last day of School has changed to June 12, 2019
We realize this may change your child’s end of day plans. If there are any changes to your child’s schedule, please communicate these changes with the office as soon as possible. You will also need to contact School Age Care if you plan to make any changes.
- You can find information about River Crest’s music classes by clicking here.
School District Events & Community Education Classes
- Acrylic Painting for Beginners – Begins April 27
- Intro to Archery, Session A – Begins May 1
- Creating With Clay Family & Student Workshop – Begins May 11
- Create a Whimsical Fairy Garden – May 18
- Kempo-Goju Karate – Monthly Classes
- Click here to view our current Spring/Summer Course options and then click on “Explore All Programs” on the top right corner.