River Crest News
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held on October 25th and November 1st. Parents can sign up for Parent-Teacher Conferences in Skyward Family Access. Conference Sign Up will be open through October 24th at 12 pm. It will be open again October 26th at 8 am through October 31st at 12 pm. Instructions for how to sign up for conferences can be found here.
Environmental Kids’ Club
Attention all parents of a 3rd, 4th, or 5th-grade child: Environmental Kids’ Club is back and better than ever! This year will be packed full of great learning opportunities that connect with WATER!! We will have several guest speakers coming in to share their knowledge with us as well. Please click the link to open the informational letter. In the letter, there will be another link with 3 quick questions to sign your child up. Env Kids’ Club letter and Sign-Up Our first meeting is October 26th.
- REMINDER – Picture retakes will be on October 30th.
Want to retake your picture? Simply return your original package on Picture Retake Day.
Absent on picture day? You can order online with your Picture Day ID – MI448035Y1 or have your child ask his/her teacher for an order form.
Parenting the Love and Logic Way classes will be held at October 22 – November 19 at Hudson Prairie Elementary School. More information and the registration form can be found here.
- Student Fees
Grade Item Amount K Rest Mat $8.00 1 TI-108 Calculator $5.00 2 Assignment Notebook $2.45 Writing Folder $3.00 TI-108 Calculator (optional) $5.00 3 Assignment Notebook $2.45 TI-108 Calculator (optional) $5.00 4 Assignment Notebook $2.45 TI-15 Calculator $14.00 Recorder $5.00 Recorder Book/CD/Sleeve $1.00 Recorder Lanyard $2.00 5 Assignment Notebook $2.45 Camp St. Croix $42.00 TI-15 Calculator (optional) $14.00 Recorder (optional) $5.00 Recorder Book/CD/Sleeve (optional) $1.00 Recorder Lanyard (optional) $2.00
The above Student fees can be paid online through FeePay. FeePay can be found here. You must register your child first before you are able to pay the fees. You will need an ID for your child if you have not yet created a FeePay account for him/her. You can find your child’s ID by going to Skyward Family Access and selecting the Student Info tab. You will use Other ID to create a FeePay Account.
- October Menu
- October Menu Nutritional Information
Music Class Information
- PTO News can be found by clicking here
- Mark your calendars for November. Culver’s night is on 11/5 and Sock Hop on 11/13. More information to follow.
- Box Tops
It is time to collect those Box Tops! Your child should be bringing home a collection sheet to return by Friday, October 19. BUT… Did you know that you can also use your phone to help our school earn money?
Here is a link explaining this quick and easy 3 step process…https://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp
Let’s help our school earn money for education!!
- Conference Meals
Fall has arrived which means our first teacher parent conferences are coming up! Please sign up to contribute to the meal the PTO is providing for RC staff. Note: There are 2 links; one for Oct 25 and the other for Nov 1:
Sign up for Oct 25:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4ca9ae22a4fb6-teacherSign up for Nov 1st:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4ca9ae22a4fb6-teacher1
- The Fall Book Fair is just around the corner! Our students LOVE the book fair, and look forward to it every year. Many volunteers are needed to make this fair a success. Please take a look at the volunteer Sign Up to see where you can lend a hand. Did you know: Supporting our Book Fair puts books directly into our school! Scholastic donates up to 55% of our proceeds directly back to us!Book Fair Hours:
Thursday, October 25: 8:30am-8:30pm
Friday, October 26: 8:30am-4:00pm
CLOSED ON SATURDAY and SUNDAY
Monday, October 29: 8:30am-4:00pm
Tuesday, October 30: 8:00am-4:00pm
Wednesday, October 31: 8:00am-4:00pm
Thursday, November 1: 8:30am-8:00pm
- Calling all Carnies!
The River Crest Carnival is our largest fundraiser of the year. It helps support the Sock Hop, Veteran’s Day program, Bingo, Movie Night, Field Trips, Prairie Fire, Teacher Appreciation, outdoor classroom and many other activities and events.
In order to provide these fun events we are in need of volunteers to help on the committee. The committee meets on the 2nd Monday day of every month from 6:00 -7:00. Sign up here if you would like to be on the Carnival Committee.
The River Crest Carnival is planned for Friday April 12th 5:30- 8:30.
- Elementary Attendance Boundary Committee Meetings and Documents
- 2018-2019 Hudson School District Calendar
School District Events & Community Education Classes
- Destination Imagination Registration Form
- Kempo-Goju Karate (new classes each month)
- ACT Math Prep (three sessions)
- Karate for Kids (5 sessions)
- Acrylic Painting for Beginners – Begins Oct. 20
- Mixed Media Project – Oct. 20
- Pop Up Players – Begins Oct. 22
- Mindful Kids – Nov. 3
- Owl Cupcake Tree – Nov. 8
- 4th Annual Teddy Bear & Pajamas Concert – Nov. 10
- Creating with Clay, Session A – Nov. 10
- Gift Making Workshop for Elves – Nov. 10
- Java Minecraft Mod Development: Superhero Armor – Dec. 1
- Holiday Ornament Making Party – Dec. 1
- Click here to view our current Fall/Winter Course options and then click on “Explore All Programs” on the top right corner.
- Space St. Croix Camp – Oct. 23
- Hudson Hockey Registration for the Mite Levels and U8 Program
- Learn to Skate – Sundays September 30 – December 9
- HBA’s In-House Basketball Program – Starts November 3
- Peace Poster Contest 2018 Brochure – Must be received by Nov. 6
- Hudson Volleyball Association Tryout Information
- Autism Support Groups of St. Croix County
- 2018 American Red Cross Babysitter’s Training Course