Family Boot Camp Returns!
Willow River Elementary students, staff and families are invited to participate in Family Boot Camp! Boot Camp is held on the first Thursday of every month. The first session will be on Thursday, Oct. 5 from 5:00-6:00 p.m. in the gym.
Click here for more information.
Immediate Opening for Afternoon Crossing Guard
- Willow River Elementary has an immediate opening for an afternoon crossing guard to assist students in safely crossing the intersection of 2nd & St. Croix Streets.
- If you are interested, please click here for more information and/or to apply.
Building Reader Volunteers Needed
Would you like to volunteer to help young children read? If so, please consider being a part of Willow River Elementary’s Building Readers Program!
Building Reader Volunteers will:
- Work with one student at a time,
- Receive training,
- Be provided with materials and support.
No prior experience is necessary.
- Kindergarten Instruction: Anytime between 1:45-3:45 p.m.
- 1st Grade Instruction: Anytime between 10:30-11:30 a.m.
A training session will be held for those who are new to the program or need a refresher. Applications are due Sept. 29, 2017.
Students must attend school regularly to benefit from what is taught. Lost instructional time can result in achievement gaps. Please call the Attendance Line at (715) 377-3882 to report your child’s absence each day he/she is gone. A parent’s written note is required when your student returns to school.
Please obtain notes from the doctor/dentist when your child has an appointment. Doctor/dentist notes provide the school with the proper verification to excuse your child’s absence.
Whenever possible, family vacations should be taken when school is not in session. When a student will miss school for a family vacation, please notify the school prior to the absence by completing a Family Vacation Request form.
- Parents and guardians may pick up younger students (Kindergarten and 1st Grade children) in the school Atrium. The school’s interior doors automatically unlock at 3:35 p.m., allowing parents to enter the building.
- Older students may meet their parent outside at dismissal; please have an agreed-upon designated location to meet your child.
- When the adult crossing guards finish their shift, they will do a sweep for any students who have not been picked up (typically by 3:55 p.m.) and bring those students to the office. Parents will be contacted and will need to come to the office to pick up their child.