A Literacy and Math Themed Birthday Party for Dr. Seuss
- When: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 6:00-7:00 p.m. (after Family Boot Camp)
- Where: Willow River Elementary Library
Kindergarten – 2nd Grade students and their families will receive a passport to stamp at the completion of each station. Parents, be prepared to participate with your child! We are planning an open-house format, so come and go as you please, but we ask that you RSVP by Thursday, Feb. 22nd so we have enough supplies. Click here for the registration form.
Elementary Summer School and Summer Swim Information
- Registration open March 1, 2018
- Click here for Summer School And Summer Swim News
Expand Your Universe – Mentor a Child!
Do you . . .
- Like kids?
- Want to make a difference in a student’s life?
- Want to get more involved with your community?
Then become a Willow River Daymaker Mentor!
A mentor is . . .
- Someone at least 18 years of age, and
- An individual who can be available for an hour once a week, between the hours of 11:15 a.m. and 1:15 p.m., and
- Willing to go through a school district background check.
Click here for more information on Willow River’s Daymaker Mentoring program.
Family Boot Camp Returns!
Willow River Elementary students, staff and families are invited to participate in Family Boot Camp! Boot Camp is held on the first Thursday of every month. The first session will be on Thursday, Oct. 5 from 5:00-6:00 p.m. in the gym.
Click here for more information.
Students must attend school regularly to benefit from what is taught. Lost instructional time can result in achievement gaps. Please call the Attendance Line at (715) 377-3882 to report your child’s absence each day he/she is gone. A parent’s written note is required when your student returns to school.
Please obtain notes from the doctor/dentist when your child has an appointment. Doctor/dentist notes provide the school with the proper verification to excuse your child’s absence.
Whenever possible, family vacations should be taken when school is not in session. When a student will miss school for a family vacation, please notify the school prior to the absence by completing a Family Vacation Request form.
- Parents and guardians may pick up younger students (Kindergarten and 1st Grade children) in the school Atrium. The school’s interior doors automatically unlock at 3:35 p.m., allowing parents to enter the building.
- Older students may meet their parent outside at dismissal; please have an agreed-upon designated location to meet your child.
- When the adult crossing guards finish their shift, they will do a sweep for any students who have not been picked up (typically by 3:55 p.m.) and bring those students to the office. Parents will be contacted and will need to come to the office to pick up their child.