Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (WITC) provides classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction for the Hudson School District. Students who are 15 years of age before the start of the Driver’s Education class or who will turn 15 years of age during or shortly after the class ends are eligible for the classroom portion of the program.
- In-person class information is listed below.
- The cost of the 30-hour classroom portion is $115/student.
- Pre-registration and payment are required in order to reserve a spot in the class.
- Class size is limited and classes fill quickly.
- Classes are held at Hudson High School in Room J104.
- Behind-the-wheel information will be shared once a student completes the classroom portion of the program. The current behind-the-wheel fee is $245.
WITC follows Hudson High School’s inclement weather policy. If school is closed or afterschool activities are cancelled due to inclement weather, driver’s education class or behind-the-wheel instruction will also be cancelled. A make-up session will be scheduled.
WITC Driver’s Education Winter & Spring 2021 Classes
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (WITC) provides the classroom and behind-the-wheel for the Hudson School District. Students must be 15 years of age or older before the class starts or turning 15 years of age during or shortly after the class ends to be eligible for the classroom portion of the Driver’s Education.
In-person class information is listed below. The cost of the 30-hour classroom instruction is $115 per student. Pre-registration is required in order to save a spot in the class. Class size is limited, and classes fill quickly. Classes are held at Hudson High School in the Large Group Instruction Room – J104. Students will receive behind-the-wheel information once they complete the classroom portion. The current behind-the-wheel fee is $245 per student.
In-Person Class Information
Please note: WITC hopes to run the classes below but cannot guarantee all classes will be held. If classes are cancelled before they start, students registered will be notified via email about options. If schools close during the middle of class, class will move to an online format. More information will be sent at that time.
Tuesdays & Thursdays (3:30-6:30 PM) Class #25272
- Class Dates: Jan. 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28 and Feb. 2, 4 – 2021
- One make-up session Tuesday, February 9
Mondays & Thursdays (3:30-6:30 PM) Class #25273
- Class Dates: Feb. 22, 25, March 1, 4, 8, 11, 22, 25, 29, and April 1 – 2021
- One make-up session Thursday, April 8 (skip spring break week)
Mondays & Thursday (3:30-6:30 PM) Class #25274
- Class Dates: April 19, 22, 26, 29, May 3, 6, 10, 13, 17, 20 – 2021
- One make-up session Monday, May 24
If none of the above class dates work with your child’s schedule, WITC offers online courses (see below).
Complete the registration form (click here) and be sure to include the Class ID number bolded above for the session you wish to attend. You must also sign the parent/guardian permission on the registration form so your child can take the class. Students must complete and sign the Authorization to Release Student Record information form. Due to FERPA privacy laws, WITC needs this form completed so they can legally speak with you about your child’s class.
Send your completed form with payment to:
WITC Rice Lake
Attn: Driver’s Education
1900 College Drive
Rice Lake, WI 54868
Phone: 800.243.9482; ext. 5777
Class confirmation letters will be mailed approximately two weeks prior to the start of class. Please check the dates carefully to make sure your child will be able to attend ALL the dates of the class. It is a DMV mandatory requirement students complete the 30-hour classroom before applying for their permit. Students who miss one excused session are required to attend the make-up session. Students who miss two or more sessions will be dropped out of the class with NO refund. If you would like to be sure WITC received your registration, please contact Sue or Tricia at email@example.com.
Online Class Information
Registration form and payment must be turned in at least one week before the start of the class. WITC needs time to be able to create your child in their system and will email you with login directions along with student ID number. Any registration received after the one week prior deadline will be enrolled in the next online class.
Upcoming Online Classes:
- December 7, 2020 – January 17, 2021 Class #67558
- January 24 – March 7, 2021 Class #24965
- March 15 – April 25, 2021 Class #24968
- May 3 – June 14, 2021 Class #24971
Below are a few things to note about the online classes:
- WITC will need your child’s Social Security number – this will be used as part of their login to create a password.
- The email you provide on the registration form will be the one that will get the login information and also the one the instructor will use to communicate with your child about missing assignments or tests. In light of this information, you may feel it’s best to use a parent email so you can stay informed.
- Class runs for 6 weeks. Each week several modules open and the students have until the end of the week to complete the work within each assigned module. At the end of the week, those modules close and the next set will open. Students need to be self-motivated!
- There is no set time students have to be logged in. They just need to make sure they log in each week to complete the assigned modules. Weekly modules open on Mondays and close the following Sunday night.
- Students need to receive a 78% or higher to successfully pass this course and move on to the behind-the-wheel portion. After students submit an assignment, they can go back anytime during the class to redo the assignment to improve their grade.
- WITC’s Blackboard system is not compatible with Internet Explorer. The best search engines to use are Chrome and Firefox.
- Knowledge test and road signs test (permit tests) will be done at the DMV once students are 15 ½ years old. The final exam students take during the online class is NOT the permit test.
Use registration information above if you would like to take an online class.
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.243.9482; ext. 5777