Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (WITC) provides classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction for the Hudson School District. Students who are 15 years of age before the start of the Driver’s Education class or who will turn 15 years of age during or shortly after the class ends are eligible for the classroom portion of the program.
- In-person class information is listed below.
- The cost of the 30-hour classroom portion is $115/student.
- Pre-registration and payment are required in order to reserve a spot in the class.
- Class size is limited and classes fill quickly.
- Classes are held at Hudson High School in Room J104.
- Behind-the-wheel information will be shared once a student completes the classroom portion of the program. The current behind-the-wheel fee is $245.
Fall 2020 Classes
September – October
- Mondays & Thursdays (3:05-6:05 PM) Class #62626
- Class dates: 9/14, 9/17, 9/21, 9/24, 9/28, 10/1, 10/5, 10/12, 10/22, 2020
- No class on 10/8 and 10/15
- One make-up session Monday, October 26.
November – December
- Tuesdays & Thursdays (3:05-6:05 PM) Class #62627
- Class dates: 11/5, 11/10, 11/12, 11/17, 11/19, 12/1, 12/3, 12/8, 12/10, 12/15, 2020
- No class on 11/24 and 11/26
- One make-up session Tuesday, December 17.
If you find none of these above class dates will work with your child’s schedule, WITC offers an online course.
To enroll in one of these classes, please complete the registration form (click here for a copy of the registration form) and include the Call ID # for the session you are registering. Send registration with payment via mail, email, or fax:
- WITC Rice Lake; Attn: Drivers Ed; 1900 College Drive, Rice Lake, WI 54868
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 715.234.5172
Please be sure you sign the parent/guardian permission on the registration form for your child to take this class. Also, your child needs to complete and sign the Authorization to Release Student Record information form. Due to FERPA privacy laws, we need this form completed so we can legally speak with you about your child’s driver’s education classes. Without this form, we cannot discuss classes with our or report completion information to the DMV.
Class confirmation letters will be mailed approximately two weeks prior to the start of class. Please check the dates carefully to make sure your child will be able to attend ALL the dates of the class. It is a DMV mandatory requirement that students complete the 30-hour classroom instruction before applying for a permit. Students who miss one excused session are required to attend the make-up session. Students who miss two or more sessions will be dropped out of the class with no refund.
If you would like to be sure WITC received your registration, please contact Sue, Tricia or Betty either by phone at 1.800.243.9482; ext. 5777 or email email@example.com.
WITC follows Hudson High School’s inclement weather policy. If school is closed or afterschool activities are cancelled due to inclement weather, driver’s education class or behind-the-wheel instruction will also be cancelled. A make-up session will be scheduled.
WITC Online Class Information
- September 14 – October 25, 2020 – Class #66856
- October 26 – December 6, 2020 – Class #65533
- December 7, 2020 – January 17, 2021 – Class #65538
Below are a few things to note about the online class.
- The email you provide us will be the one that will get the login information and instructor communication if your student is missing assignments or tests. You may choose to use a parent email so you can stay informed.
- Class runs for 6 weeks. Each week, several modules poen and students have until the end of the week to complete the work within each assigned module. At the end of the week those modules close and the next set will open. Students need to be self-motivated.
- There is no set time for students to login at – they just need to make sure they login each week and complete the assigned modules.
- Students need to receive a 78% or higher to successfully pass this course and move to the behind-the-wheel instruction.
- We have found that our Blackboard system is not compatible with Internet Explorer. The best search engines to use are Firefox and Chrome.
- Knowledge test and road signs test (permit tests) will be done at the DMV once students are 15 1/2 years old. The final exam students take during the online class is NOT the permit test.
If you are interested in registering your child for an online class, please complete the registration form and return it with your payment to WITC. Please make sure to include the class number and start date on the registration form. (See registration information above).
Once your child’s registration form and payment is received, WITC will email you information on connecting to our online system – Blackboard.