The Hudson School District partners with WITC to provide classroom and behind-the-wheel (BTW) Driver’s Education programming. Your son/daughter must be 15 years old before the class starts or turns 15 during the class to be eligible.
The cost of the 30-hour classroom instruction is $110/student. Pre-registration and payment are required in order to save your child a spot in class (click here for a copy of the registration form). Class size is limited, and classes fill quickly. Include the class ID number on your registration (see class numbers below).
Classes are held at Hudson High School and are currently scheduled in the Large Group Instruction room (J104). You will receive BTW information once your child has started the classroom portion of the program. The current BTW fee is $240.
2019 November/December Class
- Tuesdays & Thursdays (3:20-6:20pm) Class#64181
- Class dates: 11/5, 11/7, 11/12, 11/14, 11/19, 11/21, 12/3, 12/5, 12/10, 12/12, 2019
- One make-up session Tuesday, December 17. (skip week of Thanksgiving)
2020 January/February Class
- Mondays & Thursdays (3:20-6:20pm) Class#22760
- Class dates: 1/6, 1/9, 1/13, 1/16, 1/20, 1/23, 1/27, 1/30, 2/3, 2/6, 2020
- One make-up session Monday, February 10.
2020 February/March/April Class
- Tuesdays & Thursdays (3:20-6:20pm) Class#22761
- Class dates: 2/25, 2/27, 3/3, 3/5, 3/10, 3/12, 3/17, 3/19, 3/31, 4/2, 2020
- One make-up session Tuesday, April 7. (skip Spring Break week)
2020 April/May Class
- Tuesdays & Thursdays (3:20-6:20pm) Class#22762
- Class dates: 4/21, 4/23, 4/28, 4/30, 5/5, 5/7, 5/12, 5/14, 5/19, 5/21, 2020
- One make-up session Tuesday, May 26.
If you find none of these above class dates will work with your child’s schedule, WITC offers an online course. Please call for more information if you are interested.
Registration forms and payment may be sent to: WITC Rice Lake; Attn: Drivers Ed; 1900 College Drive, Rice Lake, WI 54868
Please be sure you sign the parent/guardian permission on the registration form for your child to take this class. Class confirmation letters will be mailed approximately two weeks prior to the start of class. If the class you choose is full, we will contact you immediately upon receipt of your registration. Please check the dates carefully to make sure your child will be able to attend ALL the dates of the session they wish to enroll in. Students who miss one excused session are required to attend the make-up session. Students who miss two or more sessions will be dropped out of the class with no refund.
If you would like to be sure WITC received your registration, please contact Sue or Tricia either by phone at 1.800.243.9482; ext. 5777 or email [email protected].
Please Note – WITC follows the High School policies regarding inclement weather. If school is closed or after school activities are cancelled due to inclement weather, driver’s education class or behind-the-wheel will also be cancelled and a make-up session scheduled.