Some Houlton alumni from the High School Varsity Wrestling team made a visit to Houlton Elementary School. The team members shared how reading is important in their lives. Team members talked about how they need to read to succeed in school but also to keep current on wrestling rules. They shared how they also use their reading skills to learn about hunting regulations, reading signs when they are snowboarding, and researching golf tips.
This year’s final Family, Fun and Fitness night in April included Hudson High School students who helped in our giant game of Hungry, Hungry Hippo! The High School Anatomy & Physiology class helped to put on a Health Fair as part of our night. The Houlton School goal was to promote health and wellness within the elementary community. The High School students focused on the importance of water, exercise, food choices and personal hygiene.
Hudson High School students received a PowerUp Student Ambassador Grant. As part of the grant these students teamed up with Houlton Elementary School to organize the open gym night and they volunteered over 20 hours to the PowerUp program.
Thanks to the families and students who made this event a success!
Our Destination Imagination teams had another great year and we have a number of teams heading to the Global Finals.
You can help support our DI teams by attending one of their fundraisers to offset the cost of their expenses to the Global Finals.
- Tuesdays, May 9 & 16: Painting night at Bayport BBQ; bring out your inner artist and enjoy some painting and great food. For more information and to register go to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, May 15: Burger Night at the Village Inn, North Hudson from 5:00-8:00 PM. Burger, fries and soda pop for $8.
- Saturday, May 20: Community Garage Sale at Willow River Elementary School from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. For more information contact: email@example.com
- There is also a GoFundMe site to contribute by click here.
Congratulations to our Global Teams – the one above and the four below!
Here’s a peak at some of our teams:
“Where’s Brian” HHS Team: featuring Julia W., Andrew K., Ellie J., Connor J., and Joe A.
“The Not So Perfect Octopus” Hudson Middle School Team: featuring Michelangelo S., Brooke M., Thea B., Evy R., and Kacia J.
“Burpy Derps” Willow River Elementary Team: featuring Ari B., Brody D., Anthony T., Auggie C., and Henry B.
This team is lined up for the awards ceremony: featuring in the back row Ryia E., Hannah P., Eliza I., Yeni B., Ava E. and in front is Stella B.
Superintendent Nick Ouellette was recently interviewed on River Channel’s Western Wisconsin Journal
Unofficial School Board Election Results – April 4, 2017
Results will be posted as they are made available.
- Marion Shaw – 559
- Carrie Whitacre – 1,469
- Heather Logelin – 1,553
|City of Hudson||Village of North Hudson||Town of Hudson||Town of St. Joseph||Town of Troy||Total|
|W 1-2||W 3-4||W 5-6||W 7-8||W 9-10||W 11-12|
5th Grade Families – You are invited to learn more about the Hudson Band Program and becoming a member of an awesome music family!
The Hudson Beginning Band Program begins the summer before 6th grade. Hudson has a wonderful tradition of great bands in grades 6-12 and we hope to add you to our band family!
- Monday, April 10 from 5:00-7:30 PM (to avoid long lines and delays, we have 3 start times based on the school your child currently attends:
- Hudson Prairie, Willow River, St. Patrick’s – arrive between 5:00-5:30 PM
- EP Rock, Trinity, North Hudson – arrive between 6:00-6:30 PM
- River Crest, Houlton – arrive between 7:00-7:30 PM
- Hudson Middle School Multi-Purpose Room
Learn more about the Hudson Beginning Band Program by clicking here – we are excited to share and answer your questions!
Thank you to the community members who joined us in celebrating our official groundbreaking at Hudson High School!
Board members were joined by City of Hudson leaders, Superintendent Ouellette, and representatives from Bray Architects & Kraus Anderson
Future HHS students!
High School Administrative Team
Hello 3rd Grade Families!
Our spring Orchestra Sign Up night is Tuesday, April 4th at the Hudson High School cafeteria. All 3rd grade students are invited to attend! This year we will be having two meetings to make the registration process more convenient. Please attend the meeting scheduled for your student’s school:
- EP Rock, North Hudson, Hudson Prairie – 5:00 PM
- Houlton, River Crest, Willow River – 6:30 PM
- Click here for an Orchestra Registration Form
If you are unable to attend your assigned school due to a scheduling conflict, feel free to come to the other time slot.
The Orchestra Sign Up night will start with a brief informational meeting and a question and answer session. Please bring your child with you to the meeting!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What instrument can my child play? Students can play violin, viola, cello or bass. Elementary orchestra teachers will be visiting you child’s classroom to demonstrate the differences between these awesome string instruments!
- When are lessons? Lessons will begin in August of next school year. Students will need to bring their instruments to school on one day per week. They have a large group lesson before school at 8:00 AM and a small group lesson during the school day.
- How much does it cost? The rental costs vary by instrument. An instrument rental representative will be at the meeting to explain how the rental program works. The initial four-month rental costs are $45 for violin and viola, $65 for cello, and $95 for bass.
Following the meeting, we will help you pick the right size instrument for your child and you will have an opportunity to set up an instrument rental.
Additional Questions? You can contact Orchestra Teacher Britt Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715.377.3890 ext. 2759