Hudson School District 3rd graders had the opportunity to visit Orchestra Hall in Minneapolis as part of their orchestra unit in music. The performance of Carnival of the Animals was part of the Minnesota Orchestra Young People’s Concerts series.
On the positive side – we have a lot of snow to play in!
On Monday, February 11th, 2019, the Board of Education approved a plan for making up the lost minutes of instruction caused by inclement weather. The plan will begin Monday, February 18, 2019. The plan includes the following:
- Students will be released from school 15 minutes later than their usual end time. Students who ride the bus can expect to arrive home 15 minutes later than their usual drop-off time. School start and end times are:
- Hudson High School: 7:28 AM – 3:06 PM
- Hudson Middle School: 7:42 AM – 3:12 PM
- EP Rock Elementary School: 8:55 AM – 4:03 PM
- Houlton Elementary School: 9:00 AM – 4:08 PM
- Hudson Prairie Elementary School: 8:55 AM – 4:03 PM
- North Hudson Elementary School: 8:55 AM – 4:03 PM
- River Crest Elementary School: 9:00 AM – 4:08 PM
- Willow River Elementary School: 8:55 AM – 4:03 PM
- The following two (2) late starts and one (1) early release day will be changed to full days:
- February 28 will be a full day of school.
- April 11 will be a full day of school.
- May 24 will be a full day of school.
- The April 19th Non-School Day will be changed to a full day of school.
- All High School Thursday morning late starts will be removed. Students will begin their day at 7:28 AM.
This plan provides students with an extra day in the event of an additional closure due to inclement weather. The last day of instruction will continue to be June 11, 2019.
If you have questions or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to River Crest 3rd grader, Maddie M., on winning an autographed Mark Wood Sting Ray Violin at the recent Orchestra Electrify Your Strings Concert. Maddie won the violin by correctly guessing the number of tuning pegs in a jar. The correct number was 116. Three other people guessed correctly and Maddie’s name was then randomly drawn from a box containing the names of all of the correct answers.
- Begins online or in-person Tuesday, January 22, 2019
- 4:00-6:00 PM
- At Hudson Prairie Elementary School (1400 Carmichael Road)
Families with children who will be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2019 are encouraged to register their child.
Hudson Community 4K Registration
- In-person Tuesday, January 22, 2019
- 4:00-6:00 PM
- At Hudson Prairie Elementary School (1400 Carmichael Road
Families with children who will be 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2019 may register. If you are planning to enroll in a community partner program, you must complete their registration process in addition to the Hudson School District’s registration.
Hudson School District 4K provides morning and afternoon programs. Hudson School Age Care is available in the mornings before school starts and in the afternoon at the end of the school day. Information about Hudson School Age Care is available by clicking here.
Please call one of our elementary schools if you have additional questions.
- EP Rock – 715.377.3840
- Houlton – 715.377.3850
- Hudson Prairie – 715.377.3860
- North Hudson – 715.377.3870
- River Crest – 715.377.3890
- Willow River – 715.377.3880
Hudson High School is holding an Open House on Monday, January 7, 2019 from 6:00-8:00 PM.
The Hudson High School construction project is complete and we inviting the public in to tour. Board of Education members and staff will be available throughout the building to answer questions.
Statistical Information Then & Now
- 1975 HHS Building Area = 115,530 sq. ft. – 2018 HHS Building Area = 425,000 sq. ft.
- 1975 HHS Student Population = 850 – 2018 HHS Student Population = 1,800
- 1975 HHS Employees = 57 – 2018 HHS Employees = 216
Willow River Elementary School invites you to their 100 Years of Education Open House on Saturday, October 6th from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM. The Willow River Parent Group will be hosting an ice cream social from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM. The school will also be open for self-guided tours with volunteers placed throughout the building sharing stories of our history.