Hudson School District Ranks in Top 10% of All Wisconsin K-12 Schools
The Hudson School District received good news on the Wisconsin School State Report Card and from the US News & World Report school rankings. The District attained the “Exceeds Expectations” rating from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI). The District’s overall report card rating places Hudson in the top 10% of all K-12 districts in Wisconsin. Additionally, this is the highest school district rating in CESA 11 and in the Big Rivers athletic conference.
Hudson had the highest School Report Card score in comparison to neighboring school districts.
- Hudson – 75.9
- St. Croix Central – 73.5
- Somerset – 72.4
- River Falls – 70.8
- New Richmond – 66.1
The Hudson School District also learned two Hudson elementary schools rank in the top 20 elementary schools in Wisconsin on the US News and World Report’s annual school ranking. Houlton Elementary School ranked 7th and North Hudson Elementary School ranked 20th. There are over 1,200 public elementary schools in the state.
Hudson High School ranked 44th out of 514 Wisconsin high schools. In a review of neighboring high school district rankings, Hudson is the only area high school ranked in the top fifty. Hudson also performed well in comparison to Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area high schools with a #25 ranking.
- Hudson – 44
- St. Croix Central – 63
- River Falls – 78
- New Richmond – 90
- Somerset – 209
The US News and World Report’s ranking is widely regarded as a benchmark for assessing the quality of education across the nation. The Hudson School District rankings are a testament to its continuous dedication to providing a high-quality learning environment for its students.
Key highlights contributing to the Hudson School District’s success include:
- Academic Excellence: The District has consistently demonstrated high academic standards, with students achieving notable success in standardized testing and advanced placement courses.Recently, Hudson High School received Advanced Placement Honor Roll recognition for delivering successful results while expanding access for students. Based on the 2023 test score data, Hudson High School earned Gold Level recognition. This is the second highest accomplishment for schools nationwide and puts Hudson in the top 1,700 schools in the nation.
- Academic and Extra-Curricular Opportunities: Hudson High School offers a wide variety of college level courses during the school day – over 20 Advanced Placement courses, 11 Project Lead the Way courses, and 27 dual credit courses in partnership with University of Wisconsin – River Falls, and Northwood Technical College. Outside the school day, Hudson students can participate in 18 athletic teams, over 10 competitive extracurricular activities, and over 10 non-competitive extracurricular activities.
- Instructional Excellence: District instruction is data driven. School teaching teams review standardized test scores and other measures to guide instruction for improved student learning outcomes. Emphasis has been placed on teacher support with veteran teachers mentoring and supporting new teachers. The District fosters a culture of high expectations with high levels of support.
- Student Achievement: Hudson School District’s students consistently excel in various academic, extracurricular, and leadership activities, showcasing the District’s commitment to nurturing individuals with a wide range of skills and abilities. The District recognizes the importance of family engagement in the academic success of students. Teachers and staff work hard to partner with families to maximize the learning potential of all students.
- Community Engagement: The strong partnership between the District and the local community plays a crucial role in supporting student success. Collaborative efforts ensure students receive a well-rounded education and support beyond the classroom.
Superintendent Nick Ouellette expressed gratitude for the hard work and dedication of the District’s educators, staff, students, and the entire community. “Our School Report Card and the US News & World Report recognition is a result of the collective efforts of our exceptional staff, supportive families, and engaged students. We are very proud of this achievement and remain committed to providing the best education in the region and the state.”